Welcome to IARI
IARI is a Non Profit Organization (NPO) and its five years old .
We have had to find a shift from a hand to mouth organization to professional functionality. We also had to restructure our Organisation from top to bottom by setting up both operational and financial systems based on the fact that, while focused on a strategy to propagate and advocate for the African Renaissance (AR), the organization had to base it's operations on the 5 categories of the Indigenous Knowledge Systems (IKS) in order to ensure that the AR is mass based.
IARi's strategic objective is to contribute to the reclamation, reawakening, regenerating and the reawakening of the continent and to the human experience.
We have six Board Members, one Permanent Staff Member and one Volunteer.
1. Mrs. Jane Mirriam Khoza (Chairperson)
Mrs. Khoza is the community leader of the community and a school Principal
2. Prof. Mongane Wally Serote (Chief Executive Officer and Founder of IARI)
Writer, Poet, IKS Practitioner, Ngaka and Novelist
3. Dr Khensani Serote (Board Member)
Khensani is currently a Principal Medical Officer in Anesthesiology .
4. Ms. Marina Aucamp (Board Member and Financial Manager of IARI)
5. Prof Stephen Hendricks (Board Member)
Prof Hendricks is in the field of Public Health.
6. Prof. Mellissa Styn (Board Member)
Prof Styn is a Sociologist